California Wild Pig Hunts
Oak Stone Outfitters offers fully guided and outfitted hunts on private ranches for wild pigs in central California. Pig hunts are conducted in two different locations. We hunt 50,000 acres out of Bradley, CA which located about 25 minutes from Paso Robles, CA as well as 150,000 acres out of Hollister, CA which is located about 45 minutes south of the Bay Area. Hunters can expect to see 20-40 pigs per day or more depending on the time of year. Spot and stalk methods are used as well as ground blinds when hunting archery. Most pigs taken have an average weight of 160 lbs with a few taken every year that exceed 300 lbs. Typical terrain is rolling oak hill sides flowing into canyons covered in brush where the pigs bed midday. Most ranches we hunt on have been successfully farming for dry-land barley and irrigated alfalfa for decades. During the peak of hunting season these fields are the main food source for the local population of wild hogs. Pig hunts are scheduled for two days of hunting and can be scheduled for weekdays or weekends.
What to Expect
Hunters can expect to be in the field all day with a break for lunch midday. We will attempt to spot the wild boars early morning and late evening going to and from their feeding areas. During the middle of the day the pigs bed on the brush covered hillsides to get out of the sun. This allows for great spot and stalk opportunities. Accommodations for all levels of hunters and all levels of fitness can be made.
California Wild Pig Hunting Packages
- Standard (2 or more hunters) - $995 per hunter
- With lodging - $1,295 per hunter
- With lodging & meals - $1,600 per hunter
- Single hunters - $1,500
*Additional pigs may be purchased for $800
*Non-Hunters can be added for an additional $200 (does not include lodging or meals)
*Wounded Animal Policy - If an animal is hit your tag will be used.
What's Included in Hunts
- Opportunity for one pig per hunter
- Transportation while in the field
- Cleaning and skinning of game
- Transportation of meat to the local butcher
Wild Boar Hunting Details
- Weekend hunts - Friday to Sunday
- Weekday hunts - Tuesday to Thursday
- Spot and stalk methods are used as well as stand hunting
- We can accommodate all levels of sportsmen from the first time hunter to the lifetime enthusiast
- Wild pig hunting season is year round
- You may harvest more than one pig as long as you have purchased the extra tags
- Archery or rifle equipment is acceptable
- 2 day guided hunts
- 2 hunter minimum
- Lodging & meals available
What to Bring on Wild Boar Hunts
- A valid California hunting license
- A valid California pig tag(s)
- Rifle or archery equipment
- Copper ammunition if hunting with a rifle
- Good hiking boots
- Warm clothing
California Hog Hunting Video
Frequently Asked Questions About Hog Hunting in California
Is blaze orange required while hunting wild pigs in California?
NO. Camo if fine when hunting hogs.
Is lead free ammunition required for hunting pigs in California?
Yes. Lead free ammo is required for all hunts in California.
What caliber rifle do you recommend for wild hogs hunting in California?
Any caliber .243 or larger is good, although most hunters prefer .270 - .30 caliber rifles. A scope is permitted on your firearm and we strongly recommend it for wild pig hunts.
Do I need a hunting license for hunting wild pigs?
Yes. A California hunting license and pig hunting tag are required for hunting on private property.